Lot of Visitors

Sunday 28 August 2011

Woodland Shoes




I got a pair of Woodland G 40777 shoes before the Pushkar ride; this is my third pair of woodland shoes and is quite similar to the second pair I bought in November 2004. 

Woodland G 40777 is more of a trekking shoe and due to this it is comfortable to walk around in and despite having bought it a day before my Pushkar trip; I didn’t face any trouble walking long distance with them. 

Even while riding motorcycle, they are quite comfortable and in case of fall, take impact very well (had 2-3 major crashes with the earlier pair on) even though they don’t fully cover the ankle, they provide enough protection.

The earlier pair of woodland shoes I had was quite similar to this one and despite very rough use and couple of major falls, it worked flawlessly for three years, before it got a major cut and I had to throw it away. I expect this one to have similar if not better life. 

The two major downfalls with these shoes is the fact that they have tendency to loose grip on wet surfaces and take forever to dry! Not to mention give out strange orange color when drenched, even though there is not a hint of orange color in them! 

But for Rs. 2395, they are one of the most comfortable pair of shoes that one can buy for touring purpose.

Woodland.... what a name.. i am using this company’s shoes since 1994. I bought a pair of woodland that time which costed me 1000 rupees.. i started wearing it. it was more than 1.5 years and it 

 was working like anything. no wear and tear from anywhere,then i felt tired of wearing same shoes for such a long time.so i bought another pair of woodland which cost me 1600 rupees.that also lasted long until somebody stole it from my house.i was happy that now i will be able to buy another pair as i knew that that shoes are not gonna wear and tear. :)
then i bought another last pair of woodland which cost me 2500.. it’s been more than 2.5 years and i am tired of that shoes.it is not that it is not comfortable but still you need change yaar...
there is not even a single thread came out of the shoes so far in two and half years. I even played cricket wearing this shoes still it is same as if it is new.
so, this is the best shoes of all....



No comments:

Post a Comment